From:
Joyce Murphy <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 23 Apr 2002 11:46:10 EDT

Since I use Ortega, I was surprised when I saw that Ortega's Taco Seasoning
was not okay. I just got off the phone with Nestle (manufacturer of Ortega
products) and it IS okay. I was told that it is their policy to list on their
ingredients ANY major allergen including wheat, barley, oats and rye. And
that they require all their distributors to disclose these allergens as well.
So the label must say wheat (etc.) if it is in that product. My box says
cornstarch which she verified and also verified the caramel color and natural
flavoring all to be free of wheat etc.

Does anyone have a problem with Perdue Chicken? Do they inject it or is it
the grains that are fed to the chickens?

Thanks - Joyce, PA