From:
rick & christie schroeter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Apr 2001 09:47:36 -0500

Hi, All!

As one who has trouble with soy, lactose and a few other things besides
gluten, I'm always excited to discover something new I can safely eat. I
found the Govinda's Bliss Bars at Whole Foods the other day and couldn't
see anything in the ingredients that would cause a problem. They had a
1-800-900-0108 number on the package, so I contacted them to confirm gf
status. They said all their energy snack bars were gf except for
Pistachio Planet (contains barley malt).

The only question I still have is whether amaranth is a problem for
celiacs. CSA says it is in many cases. Is that so? All of these bars
have amaranth in them. They are made in San Diego, CA.  Most have nuts,
honey, dates, amaranth and sea salt. That's the total ingredients. Any
opinons on this grain?

Thanks so much for your help!  Christie in TX