Date:
Tue, 25 Sep 2007 08:55:57 -0500

I am 43 yr old female, diabetic and GF for 8 years.  When I first went GF I had elevated liver enzymes.
Recently been having severe pain under the right rib cage.  DR found blood in urine and ordered blood tests and an ultrasound.  The bloodwork came back completely NORMAL, all of it including cholesteral and enzymes.  The ultrasound came up with non alcoholic  fatty liver.  I do not have a gallbladder.

I have been GF , very strict and my blood sugars are close to normal.

Has anyone else had this and since I am GF is it at all related to Celiac?  What about the pain that spans all the way across the bottom of my ribcage and occassionaly goes into the back?

My diet is next to perfect.  Average 1250 calories per day with the right combo between fats, proteins and carbs.  Have not lost one single pound in 9 months with such low caloric intake.  It's frustrating.  I wouldn't even know how to begin to make changes in my diet to make this condition better because I'm already doing it.
I'm frustrated, any suggestions or comments?
Lauren in Florida