From:
Carolyn Gage <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 13 May 2000 23:46:58 -0400

My mother has Parkinson's and she's also coeliac, but has been eating
gluten all of her life under the mistaken belief that CD was a childhood
disease from which she recovered.  (She was born in the 1930's and at
that time, the only way they knew to treat it was to feed her mashed
bananas, which was all she ate  for a year or two.)

Anyway, I'm wondering if there's a connection between CD and
Parkinson's, because I am concerned about the likelihood of my having
Parkinson's.  (I have CD, but I'm gluten-free.)

Carolyn