Date:
Sat, 3 Aug 1996 14:33:35 -0400

I want to thank everyone who responded to my postings about gluten reactions
becoming increasingly severe after following a GF diet.  I received a total
of 18 responses.  17 indicated they also became increasingly sensitive to
gluten after following a GF diet and their reactions became more severe.  1
responder indicated that he had not become increasingly sensitive, so I may
want to consider other causes.  Another responder indicated that he has
become increasingly sensitive, but he has had so many reactions he is
beginning to think there may be another cause.

Since all of my trouble has been after eating out, I am inclined to believe
that I have found some hidden gluten on these occasions.  Also, with all of
the supporting responses, I believe that my reactions are 'normal' and an
indication that I am healing.
Don Wiss made the point that it may be beneficial to have a reaction because
then you do not continue to eat the offending foods.  I agree with that
statement.  Also since this has occured only after eating out, I believe we
are doing pretty good at home!

Thanks again to everyone who responded.  This list is great!

Casey