From:
Sharon Larson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Nov 1999 21:02:18 -0600

Requests have been made for the turkey information again.  Here it is:

*HONEYSUCKLE WHITE Turkeys says GF on it.  I was in the store so checked
and it does--we should all write/call and thank them.  The whole turkey
sayS Gluten Free on it--what progress we are making.  BUT be careful--I
read on one Honeysuckle turkey breast (might be the bone in--not
sure)that it has wheat flour in it.  Be sure and check before buying.

The rest are as follows:

*RIVERSIDE turkey is gluten free--has been purchased at Super Walmart.
*PERDUE brand has been proven to a very sensitive person(1-800-4-perdue)
*JENNI-O
*ALBERTSON'S grocery has one.
*BUTTERBALL was a "YES" for 2 and a "NO" for 1--BETTER CALL THEM
*SHADYBROOK
*ORGANIC
*FRESH IS BEST OF ALL--NO INJECTIONS, ETC.
*ALL NATURAL written on it

NOTE:  I had an experience today.  We had a Thanksgiving Luncheon today
at work.  I checked on what kind of turkey was being served and found it
to be okay.  I failed to ask enough questions.  AFTER I had eaten the
turkey, I asked the cook how she cooked it as it was so moist.  She said
she put it in a bag and added FLOUR!!!  I hadn't thought of that, but
now I remember, the bags tell you to add flour so the bag won't blow up.
UGH!!!

Hope this helps for Thanksgiving time.

Sharon in Kansas