Date:
Sun, 23 Aug 1998 10:07:03 -0400

Hi everyone,

I just thought I'd pass along some information I received regarding "safe"
products from the dentist.
Previously, I researched the paste that the hygienist uses to polish the
teeth.  This is the response:

Nupro Prophylaxis paste is indeed gluten free. All grits and flavors are
gluten free and should be fine for use on your children.
If you have any other questions please call me at 1-800-989-8825  ext 8613.
Connie Chilcott
Senior Research Chemist
Formulated Products
Preventive Care Division
1301 Smile Way
York. PA 17404

The other product I checked into was the foaming flouride stuff.  This is
the response:

Both the Minute-Foam and the APF gel are gluten free.
The OralB website> http://207.213.42.58/index.htm

After our most recent visit the dentist said it was time to put a cavity
preventative coating on my son's new set of molars (he's Celiac, 8 years
old).  The product is called Restorative Z100, made by 3M company in USA.
Here is the response:
"There is no 'gluten' in Z100.  I believe gluten is a protein in wheat and
other grains.  We use no such ingredients."
I would also like to offer that we do have MSDS (Medical Safety Data
Sheets) available on request.  They list ingredients of products.  These
can be sent out by fax or by mail.  To obtain an MSDS on a product, please
write back, or call our technical hotline at 800/634-2249  xt.1
P.A. Fix
Technical Hotline Representative
3M Dental Products Division
800/634-2249

I live in Windsor, Ontario but these products are manufactured in the US.
Wishing all "gluten-free and cavity-free" days :)
Chris Brecka