From:
Candy Henze <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Mar 2001 07:54:43 -0500

Dear listmates -- I was diagnosed by biopsy and then blood test in Sept
2000 after being anemic and having stomach pain.  I had my 12-yr old son
blood tested just to see (the 1st degree relative factor).  His TTG
count was higher than mine but he is without symptoms.  We went through
with the biopsy to confirm celiac and he was diagnosed with the disease
less than 2 months ago.  The problem is his father is not taking the
diagnosis seriously (ie, not believing he needs to adhere to a GF diet ~
I think because he has no symptoms NOW).  We share custody equally -- he
spends 2 weeks with his Dad then 2 weeks with me.  What can I do?  I'm
wondering if anyone out there is in a similar situation and how you
handled it.  Any comments would be appreciated and I will summarize to
the list.  Thanks!