From:
Jo Scraba <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Jun 1997 10:01:11 PDT

I'm new to this group . . . please excuse any stupidities arising from
my ignorance . . . I was diagnosed with celiac disease 8 years ago; I
have been arthritic forever, and have been using anti-inflammatories of
one sort or another for about 20 years (I am now using an
immunosuppressant, which is effective and avoids the extra GI distress
from the NSAISa); and I was diagnosed with Sjogren's syndrome about 4
years ago. I think I now have enough chronic illnesses, but additions to
the list would not be entirely unexpected.

My question relates to rice flour: Does anyone know exactly what is
meant by "glutinous" rice flour?? My Asian connection tells me that
"glutinous" in this case just means extra-sticky rice; however, I am
highly suspicious, and don't want to risk the consequences of trying it
out!

Reading previous postings has been a comfort to me . . . people who
don't have to deal with chronic illness have absolutely no clue what
it's like, and manage to say all the wrong things and to be generally
unsupportive. It's good to be among people who "get it." Thanks.