Date:
Mon, 24 Nov 2003 08:42:16 -0500

    Rice and Almond Flour Pie Crust

Grind 1/3 cup whole almonds to a fine powder in a blender--
3/4 cup brown rice flour    1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
Pinch of ground cloves
3 T. water
2 T. oil
2 T. honey

1. In a 9" pie plate, combine the ground almond flour, brown rice flour, spices.  Mix well with a fork.

2. In a microwave dish, combine the water, oil and honey and heat on low setting till honey liquefies.

3. Drizzle the honey liquid over the flour imxture in the pie plate and stir with a fork until well blended.

4. Let stand until the dry ingredients absorb the liquid.

5. Shape the crust by pressing mixture firmly into place with your fingers, covering bottom and sides of plate evenly.  Pat top edge of crust into straight edge.

6.  Bake before or after addding filling.  Bake empty crust for 5 min.  350

**  I have found that brown rice flour makes a much easier to roll pie crust than white rice flour.  I used brown rice one day cause I was out of white rice and it is just so much easier to work with.  Be careful because this crust will brown very quickly.