Date:
Wed, 9 May 2018 15:28:51 -0400

SUMMARY

I want to thank everyone who very politely and considerately replied to my post.  I did not receive a single disrespectful reply.  It renews my faith in this list and reconfirms that the majority of us are very nice people.  Therefore, a summary.

Most respondents were as aghast as I am that companies are quietly putting potentially gluten-containing materials in our automobiles and were grateful to receive the information.

Two direct quotes from replies:

“BMW is using bamboo in their i3 and it makes good engineering, economic and environmental sense to do so.”

“Thank you so much for sharing this information! I found this on the Ford site -
https://corporate.ford.com/innovation/thinking-forward.html . “

My note – it scares me that Ford has been adding these products to their cars for 18 years. Every time I ride in my husband's (Ford) car, I get a gluten-ed reaction.  I am researching to see if this is the culprit.

 I received several replies which stated they, too, had been abused on the list.  We have enough challenges out in the world trying to navigate a gluten-free lifestyle. Let's keep supporting each other in a positive, respectful manner.