From:
Patty Vollherbst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Dec 1996 02:07:01 -0500

A while ago, I exchanged mail (that I must have deleted) with
someone about Christmas cookie recipes.  As I can't find that
person's address, I'm sending to the list - I hope others find them
useful.

Cream Cheese Sugar Cookies, by Karen Jones from Gluten Intolerance
Group Newsletter

(Make sure all ingredients are GF)
1 c butter
4 oz. cream cheese (I used neufchatel for less fat)
1 egg + 1 egg yolk
1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/3 c powdered sugar (I'm going to try 1 1/2 c next time)
1 3/4 c regular white rice flour
1/2 c potato starch flour
1/4 c tapioca starch flour (or more potato starch)
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp xanthan gum
1 tsp cream of tartar
1/4 tsp salt

Cream butter and cream cheese.  Add egg, yolk, and vanilla.
Add sugar and mix well.  Combine remaining ingredients and slowly add,
mixing well.  Chill dough 1 hour or more.  Divide dough into 4 pieces.
Roll out each piece on a rice-floured cloth or waxed paper.  Cut with
cookie cutters (dipped in rice flour if necessary).  Bake at 350 for
about 10 mintues.  Cool. Frost with buttercream frosting.

Molasses Sugar Cookies, adapted from my mother-in-law's recipe

3/4 c shortening
1 c sugar
1/4 c light molasses
1 egg
2 c sifted Gluten Free Gourmet Blend Flour
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp ground cloves
1/2 t group ginger
1/2 t salt
1/2 t xanthan gum

In a large bowl, cream together shortening and 1 cup sugar.  Add
molasses and egg; beat well.  Sift together flour, soda, spices, salt,
and xanthan gum; add to first mixture.  Cover; chill.  Roll in 1" balls,
and roll in granulated sugar.  Place on cookie sheets 2" apart.
Bake in a preheated oven (375 degrees F) for 8-10 minutes or until golden
brown.  Makes 48 cookies

GFG blend = 6 parts rice flour, 2 parts potato starch flour, 1 part tapioca
 starch flour

Corn Flak Holiday Wreaths

1/2 c margarine
1 pkg (10 oz., about 40) GF marshmellows
1 tsp green food coloring
6 c GF cornflakes
Red cinnamon candy (GF)
GF Cooking spray

1.  In large saucepan, melt margarine over low heat.  Add marshmallows and
stir until completely melted.  Remove from heat.  Stir in food coloring.

2.  Add corn flakes; stir until well-coated.

3. Using 1/4 dry measure coated with cooking spray or margarine, evenly portion
 warm cereal mixture.  Using buttered fingers, quickly shaped into individual
wreaths.  Dot with cinnamon candy.

Makes 16 wreaths.