Date:
Sun, 9 Jul 1995 21:23:00 -0400

I share Charles Borowsky's interest in weight loss.  I had assumed that I
would gain weight due to better absorption while on a GF diet.  Instead I
lost a few pounds.  In my case, I know I am a "starch hound" that is to say,
I love eating bread, spaghetti, and various other wheat-containing foods.
When on a GF diet, my food intake is more tempered, with less snacking
between meals.  If body weight status = absorption(A) x daily intake (I),
then any increase in A would need to more compensate for loss in I.