From:
Amy Kravitz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 3 Jul 2003 18:25:38 EDT

Hi to the List,

   Before I was diagnosed I used Robitussin cough syrups interchangeably. I
have now been on the CD diet for some months' time.

   In the summer I find that the air conditioning gives me the post nasal
drip. Last night I was coughing my head off and couldn't sleep! The only thing I
could find at home was the   plain Robitussin(Guaifenesin)  cough syrup. I
took it because I needed relief(and sleep for work for today).

   According to the CSA/USA Cooperative Gluten-Free Commerical Products
Listing,  7th ed., it looks like quite a few of the Robitussin products are allowed
for folks with CD, but I don't see the one that I used last night on the
list.

   Is it that big a deal to have the exact  cough syrup formula at home to
ingest? Do some formulas contain gluten whereas others do not?

   I will probably head out to my pharmacy tonight anyway, and pick up one of
the other syrups on the list, however, any information is appreciated.

   Thanks, and happy holiday
   Amy Kravitz [log in to unmask]