From:
Nancy McPherson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Nov 2001 01:34:21 +0000

To those of you who are being treated for or have suffered from reflux, I
have a question.  I developed symptoms after taking Hcl to aid fat
digestion, and my doctor had me discontinue the Hcl and take Nexium for two
weeks.  I am trying to avoid continuing the Nexium.  I have some tummy
problems, but I don't have what I would call reflux - no sensation of
regurgitation.  What does happen, is that I have a sudden release of
post-nasal drip that burns my tonsils and starts me coughing and gagging
until eventually I vomit.  This occurred even when I was taking the Nexium,
so I told the doctor I wanted to see if the symptoms diminished on their
own.  Occasionally I will suddenly be nauseated and vomit with no other
symptoms, but that has happened maybe twice in the two months that I have
struggled with this.  At the same time I have the terrible itching that
someone else described earlier, especially at night.  My skin feels greasy,
even after I shower.  I read that aspergillus, which I have extremely
elevated antibodies for, is on our skin, and can trigger allergic reactions.
  Well it looks like I have two questions:  Is my gagging and vomiting
classic reflux?  Or is it all more like an allergy?  Thanks for your input.

Nancy in So. Oregon

P.S.  I have been keeping a record, and so far have not been able to
connect the symptoms to any particular food, except twice I ate
an apple on an empty stomach and within half an hour had symptoms.