Date:
Mon, 19 Jan 2009 16:37:06 -0600

Hi All--

Every few months, I go to Nestle, Lean Cuisine, and Stouffer's web sites and
send them pleas to consider offering gluten free entrees. I received two
plans to offer gluten free entrees?" and "What can your customers do to
convince you that not only would offering gluten free entrees be beneficial
to the gluten intolerant cusumer, but would most likely be monetarily
beneficial to you?"

Lean Cuisine replied to say that all of their products contain gluten or are
manufactured on equipment that produces gluten-containing products.
BUT......the following is what I received from Stouffers!!!!!
_____

January 16, 2009

Dear Ms. Gill,

Thank you for contacting us.

You will be interested to learn that our Product Development and Marketing
staffs have considered the possibility of manufacturing a product similar to
the one you suggested. Should consumer demand become great enough, we may
introduce such a product into the marketplace.

We appreciate your interest and hope you will continue to use and enjoy our
products.

Sincerely,
Sabrina Walpole
Consumer Response Representative

Ref: Y16456129
_____

I know there are probably some celiac patients or gluten intolerant people
who might not be interested for any number of reasons. I'm hoping that the
community of people whom I think are the most compassionate, kind, and
selfless will rally for one another and send an email to Stouffer's for all
celiacs who deserve to feel they are not different - that they can go to a
grocery store and buy a frozen entree on the way home from work. More
importantly, if Stouffer's offers a few gluten free items, it would be
difficult for anyone to ignore celiac sprue...and we're all about getting
people diagnosed. If we're able to tell people that Stouffer's has some GF
entrees, perhaps the diet won't seem so overwhelming to the beginner. First,
Rice Chex, now Stouffer's?

It will only take a few minutes of your time...please go to
www.stouffers.com and scroll to the bottom of the page to "Contact Us." (You
can also call toll free - check the left sidebar). Fill out the form and
send.

Thanks!  ~~Ayn in Alabama

PS--In my last email, I told them that the GF diet is not a fad and that I
simply don't have time or the energy to cook three meals a day from scratch.
It probably didn't hurt that I told them I thought their entrees were pretty
wonderful before having to change my diet. It was all true...

*******
*******