From:
Laura Dolson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Sep 1999 19:28:14 -0700

Intro: About 18 months ago, I got some "muffin top" pans, which have
4" wise, shallow (less than an inch deep) indentations in them.  Since
then, I had baked all my bread in these pans, freezing the "pucks"
afterwards.  This works especially well since I don't eat bread often,
and just have to nuke a puck when I need it, and then split it for
toast or a sandwich or whatever.

Advantages:  They rise and cook quickly, are cooked all the way
through, and slide right out of the pan ready to popped into mouth or
freezer.

Disadvantage: The only problem was that these were a little thin for
hefty sandwiches or burgers and sometimes a burger in the bun off the
grill in the summer is just the thing!

So I decided to splurge on these "hamburger bun" pans from the GF
panty.  These are originally "Yorkshire Pudding" pans and are, like
the muffin top pans, silverstone coated.  Actually, they are in every
way like the muffin top pans except that the indentations are deeper.

After trying them with 2 different bread recipes, I think I can say:
They work great!!!  You get a nice substantial bun that holds together
for a burger!  Hurray!

Tips for working with these pans:

- The "dough" should be the consistency of pudding.  If it's too
runny, add flour.

- Dip the back of a spoon in water to smooth the dough into the pans

- Even though the pans are nonstick, spray them with cooking oil
anyway.  The rolls slide right out.

- Eat one or 2 while they are still warm!!  YUM!

Laura