Date:
Sat, 13 Dec 2003 15:55:49 -0800

I am going to be traveling to New Orleans next week. I have already checked the archives and seen all the responses there, so I'm not going to ask about restaurants in New Orleans. However, it seems that the seasonings they use to boil the crayfish is not GF. Since the people I am going with live off of pounds of boiled shrimp, crayfish and blue crab, does anyone know where I could get any of these that are GF. Also, I couldn't find much information for other areas of Louisiana, we will probably be in Shreeveport (sp?) and Mandaville. Does anybody have any suggestions for these areas? To further complicate matters, I also need to eat sugar-free and low-carb (hypoglycemia), and I have some problems with corn--I'm not really sure what the problem is, corn chips are fine, but corn tortillas and corn starch as a thickener (I can eat it if it's baked) make me sick. We are probably not going to be eating out too much, but I was wondering if any of you Cajuns could tell me of some menu
 items to look for that could satisfy my many dietary needs.

Thanks to everyone in advance.

Angela Taylor (Tulsa, Oklahoma)