From:
A Gilliland <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 17 Mar 2006 11:23:39 -0800

Hi All--

  Several weeks ago, someone posted a note regarding the lack of GF bread at Carrabbas' restaurant - and all of the problems the restaurant would have to go through to be able to offer GF bread or GF pizza. My thought is....why doesn't Carrabbas, Outback, Bonefish Grill and all other restaurants that offer GF food buy frozen or shelf-stable GF bread/rolls/pizza crust from one of the wonderful vendors offering such things now? Beats making these things from scratch and provides GF bread manufacturers/bakers another market and incentive to improve the quality of their product.

  I don't have a clue whether or not any of these restaurants monitor this list (doubtful), but GIG should. Since I'm not a member of any of the national celiac organizations, I don't feel I really have any right to suggest anything to them.

  Anyway, I agree with the person who posted that note about bread items - we have so many more choices now than we did even five years ago - not having bread when I ate at Carrabbas was very, very hard for me because of the dipping oil they serve with their bread. I'm forever grateful to any restaurant who takes the time and effort to accommodate me, but I'm also getting really tired of eating a hamburger patty with no bun.

  I don't intend to whine....just offering a suggestion that could lead to more enjoyable dining experiences for all of us.

  Cheers,
  Ayn in Alabama