From:
foxfire62 <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
foxfire62 <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 20 Dec 2009 11:14:38 -0600

I apologize for taking so long in getting a summary back to everyone, but
I’ve been busy with school work. Now that I have 3 weeks, off, I’m trying to
catch up on my emails. Anyway, here are a few responses. I didn’t quite get
as many responses as I was expecting. In fact, many wanted me to share the
recommendation, please let me know, and I will add it.

And each one of us has very specific requirements.  I would suggest looking
into the “Eat right for your blood type” diet by dr. d’adamo as to what
foods you should be eating and avoiding according to your blood type.  If
you don’t know your blood type you can donate blood, and they will send it
to you in the mail in 2-3 weeks with a card, even test you for hep c and
aids at the same time while they’re at it as they do that anyway and they
will notify you if you come up positive.

I am Blood Type O and here are some of the natural things I do to combat
intestinal overgrowth, for which I am prone myself:

Eat a little bit of a pickle with every meal.  If you can’t stand pickles,
take a ½ tsp. of cider vinegar with the meal.  The vinegar is a natural
anti-bacterial, also natural anti-parasitic.

In the morning, I take a cup of hot water, the juice of ½ fresh lemon and as
much “local” unfiltered honey as I want (I like it sweet).  This helps
“purify the blood”.  This is a very old Italian folk remedy passed on to me
by my grandmother and her grandmother, and I am 60.  It clears the mouth,
killing lingering germs, the honey is naturally anti-bacterial, and you are
getting a goodly dose of natural vitamin c.  if you get bruise marks on your
body often, this should help with that too.  do it at least every other day.
Most people can tolerate this, the lemon you might think is too much acid,
but it turns to alkaline (good) within the mouth.

Avoid refined sugar!  Processed sugar is the worst thing for bacterial
overgrowth.  I would be somewhat shocked if you doctor did not already tell
you this.

Try to avoid taking antibiotics for awhile.  Stay away from people who might
make you sick where you would require taking them from an infection you
could catch.  Wash your hands, wash your hands, wash your hands.  I realize
you might have to be somewhat of a recluse but if you are getting sick a lot
from infections going around and require antibiotics, that;s not good for
your condition.  Antibiotics totally destroy all bacteria, even the good
bacteria, so therefore that is why you are getting an overgrowth of the bad
stuff because there is no good germs to fight them off.

Don’t eat a lot of dairy. If you are a cheese nut, cut it out.  There is
mold and bacteria growing on all cheeses.  This can contribute to bacterial
overgrowth too.

Many people will recommend yogurt, probiotics (which are very expensive);
this may help you too.  I personally cannot tolerate any casein/dairy at
all, even the probiotics that claim to be casein-free, which is why I
recommend “the trio” vinegar in some form, honey and lemon.  These are
nature’s best medicine.  Please give it a try.  What I mean by local honey
is collected closest to where you live location as possible.  if you have
seasonal allergies, the local honey may be just the trick to relieve these
symptoms too – honey has natural flora seasonal allergy relief properties,
some people claim relief from fauna (animal) sensitivities also.

Some people may recommend supplement enzymes; be aware many of these things
are very expensive, however they may help initially, but there is no
substitute for taking better care of yourself through your diet and being
kinder to yourself.

Eat more fresh fruits and vegetables.  These are natural infection fighters.
Go organic when you can.

Get some sunlight every day the sun shines or even cloudy.  Vitamin D helps
fight off infection.  Even if you take vitamin d in some form, still get
some natural sun.  if you wear glasses take them off while you are sunning
yourself; sunlight is also absorbed through your eyes (just don’t look
directly at the sun for goodness sake now, I mean normal, eyes closed work
too as membrane covering eye is thin – my grandmother told me this – she was
a nurse too).

And very important too – get enough rest!!!  I don’t know if you are a young
mother, and work too probably, but try and get at least 8 hrs of sleep for
the time being until you are feeling better.  it is amazing how regular
pattern of sleep can heal one’s body and soul.  Make your bedroom a
sanctuary for rest, turn off the lights and tv.

If you have a family, get your entire family involved in the above regime.
Our President wants us to get fit, and I couldn’t agree with him more in
this respect.

I think if you give the above a try you will be pleasantly surprised how you
can heal yourself with Mother Nature’s help.  Best of luck to you and hope
you feel better soon!

RN

Check out the Enzymedia products.  I was told by the Whole Foods Market
herbal/supplement guy that it is the best brand and I read a book about
digestion that also mentioned this particular brand as the best.  I always
google "sale on enzymedica" and I get a few sites that pop up.  I have no
idea if it conforms to the SCD but it only has enzymes so I'm guessing it's
fine.