From:
Joan Burrow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 4 Jul 1999 11:03:11 -0700

About two years ago my son, Mark, then 10, was diagnosed with an allergy to
wheat and wheat gluten - not celiac, and no reactions to the other grains that
cause celiac people difficulty.  But, because so many of the issues are the
same, I subscribed to the list and have found it an extremely valuable
resourse.  He occasionally got 'wheated' and the symptom picture was very
obvious.  Usually we could backtrack and find the culprit.

A couple of months ago there was a flurry of comments on the list about NAET,
an allergy elimination technique that combines Applied Kinesiology with
Acupuncture to treat the food allergies which are so common in Celiacs (NOT
Celiac itself!).  I checked out the web site, found a practitioner fairly
close, and took my son there on July 1st.  The appointment took a little more
than an hour.  25 hours later, Mark had an Oreo cookie - that would have been
enough to cause projectile vomiting pre NAET.  No symptoms.

Yesterday morning he had a piece of wheat bread.  No symptoms.  Last night, a
slice of regular pizza.  No symptoms.  We are cautiously optomistic.  The
acupuncturist recommended one follow up treatment in 10 days, and we have that
scheduled.

I thank those of you who shared your comments, good and bad, with the group
about NAET.  So far, our experience is so good as to be great!  Joan Burrow in
Lewiston, ID