Date:
Sat, 17 Aug 1996 14:37:00 GMT

knows whether the manufacturer of the flakes also makes flakes that are on
the toxic list. Are they manufactured on the same line as wheat, rye, or
barley flakes? or rolled oats? Are they packaged on equipment that puts up
toxic grains?

I use millet in my cooking but I start from whole millet. I pour it onto a
jelly roll pan and look through it before I mill it for flour or toast it
to give crunch to breads. I =have= found foreign grains in packages of
whole millet (looked like wheat or rye); so I also rinse and dry the millet
before use. It seems logical to me that if I've found contaminating grains
in whole millet, some is going to sneak through the milling process.

Our diets are so restrictive anyway, that I hate to see us "throwing out
the baby with the bathwater" and limiting ourselves further when the
problem is not a celiac reaction to a foreign grain, but a matter of cross
contamination.

Not medical advice, just a personal opinion etc etc etc. Everyone has to
judge for themselves!

Linda Blanchard
Midland TX USA