From:
Chris Spreitzer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Sep 1998 07:40:41 PDT

These hearty muffins were a big hit with my family.  Hope you all will like
them too!
Chris in CA
MoM of Eileen, Anna, and Laura

Banana Maple-Pecan Muffins

Filling:
3 ripe bananas, coarsely  mashed
1/3 cup pure maple syrup
1/2 cup chopped pecans
        Mix well and set aside.

Topping:
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1/4 cup pure maple syrup
        Mix to get crumbly texture.
2 cups gf flour mix (I use Gluten Free Pantry's French Bread/Pizza Mix)
1 tsp xanthan gum
1 cup firmly packed gf brown sugar
1 tsp gf baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice (I use Penzey's)
2 tbs buttermilk powder

2 eggs, beaten
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup water

Combine gf flour, xanthan gum, sugar, baking soda, salt, pumpkin pie spice,
and dry buttermilk.  Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients.
Combine eggs, oil, and water.  Pour into the center of the dry ingredients
and stir with a wooden spoon just until dry ingredients are incorporated.
Use a spatula or knife to make three or four "troughs" in the dough/batter.
Spoon banana mixture into troughs.  Gently fold bananas into dough with
knife.  Spoon dough into muffin cups.  Top with pecan-maple mixture.  Bake
at 375 for 20 minutes.  Makes about 15 good sized muffins.