From:
Michelle Bargmann <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 2 Nov 2002 11:36:12 EST

I'm back again for more advice.  As many of you recognize my e-mail address,
you know that I was just diagnosed with osteoporosis a few weeks ago.  I also
still have the diarhea issues.  About four months ago, I was placed on
prednisone (10mg. per day).  I took that for two months and I actually began
to function on a semi-normal basis.  The diarhea cleared up (to a point).
The BM's were still loose, but at least it wasn't full diarhea and the
urgency pretty much went away.  Then I was reduced to 5 mg. per day.  It
still seemed ok.

As I got diagnosed with osteoporosis, I finally decided to see a naturalist
type doctor ( he is also a chiropractor).  His ultimate goal, of course, was
to get me off of the prednisone (which was fine with me!!!).  Anyway, he
prescribed me a multi-zyme, "Leaky Gut," and Cal-Max 2000 which is 1000mg. of
calium.  All are GF ( I called ).  Since I started on these enzymes, I have
also been reduced further off the prednisone.  I am now taking 5mg. every
other day.  My diarhea, and the urgency, has totally come back in full
force!!!

Am I to believe that it is the new enzymes or that it is the prednisone being
reduced that has caused the diarhea to reoccur???  Does anyone else take any
of these drugs/vitamins and have any advice???  He also wants me to take a
probiotic, but the probiotic states right on the bottle that you should not
take if you are pregnant.  Since I am trying to get pregnant, I don't even
want to risk it.  I checked with my OB on the enzymes and the prednisone, and
he was totally fine with them.  Although prednisone is not the greatest to be
on, at age 30 I need to either start a family now, or chances are it will
only be harder for me later.

I would, once again, appreciate some advice.  Should I stick it out on the
enzymes and hope that they kick in sometime?  Or do I assume that they are
the problem that has reverted me back to my diarhea???  Or maybe it's the
withdraw of the prednisone???  Thanks in advance for your advice!!!

Michelle
Strongsville, Ohio