Date:
Sun, 12 Apr 1998 23:44:10 EDT

I have 2 Celiac daughters.  The oldest will be starting 11th grade this fall.
That means we will be starting to look at colleges and I am wondering how well
going away to school will work.  I can't imagine living in a dorm gluten-free!

My daughter was diagnosed at age 5 and so is a Celiac pro by now.  She is also
very conscientious about her diet.  She is very level-headed, mature, and a A+
student.  I still worry about her ability to go off on her own without cooking
facilities (with two more children after her,we can hardly afford college, let
alone an apartment!).

Does anyone have any experience with this problem?  Does anyone know of any
colleges that have special diets available?  Any help would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

CheekyR
(CA, USA)