Date:
Fri, 2 Mar 2007 18:24:15 -0500

I recently sent an email asking whether Teeccino, a caffeine-free
alternative to coffee, is 100% gluten fee.  This is the reply I
received, which has me confused.  It sounds good, but I've been told
so many times not to ever eat anything containing barley.  I'd like
to know some of your opinions on this before I purchase this product
(which came highly recommended by a friend of mine).  Their website
is www.teecchino.com, if you'd like to check it out even further.
Here's their email to me...and thanks!!!  Kathy

Thank you for your interest in Teeccino.  I have received your inquiry
regarding the gluten content in Teeccino.  To answer your question,
we are
gluten free.  Although Teeccino does contain barley, an independent
laboratory at the University of Nebraska that specializes in gluten
testing
found no detectable levels of gluten in Teeccino.  Although gluten is
present in barley, it does not extract out of the barley using
conventional
coffee brewing techniques.  Gluten is not extracted by boiling water
although it can be extracted using ethanol alcohol, which of course
is not
present in Teeccino.  It would not be suggested you ingest Teeccino
grounds
or use them in cooking recipes if you are gluten intolerant.  We have
been
recommended by many health professionals to patients whom are gluten
intolerant.  For more information or links you may want to check out our
healthy tips and links page on our website.  You can also view the
letter
from the University stating that we are gluten free.  It is listed
under the
gluten blurb on our FAQ's page.  I hope this has been helpful.
Feel free to contact me with any further questions or concerns.

--

*******