From:
joan tuckey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 17 May 1998 21:25:27 -0600

>      Honeycup mustard, sold in supermarkets around NYC, is indeed
> safe, and appears on the Canadian Association's GF list.
>                                Mary in NYC

I would like to clarify something here.

As far as I know there is no Canadian Association GF list. What we do
have in Canada is a Product Information Book put together by the
Edmonton Chapter. This book is NOT sanctioned by the Canadian Celiac
Assoc. It is, however, a very useful tool.

The forward in the book states, "This Product Information Book is
intended to be used as a guide only. To the best of our knowledge, the
items listed in this booklet are gluten-free (unless otherwise
indicated). Remember: manufacturers often change their ingredients so
ALWAYS READ THE LABELS."

The Edmonton Chapter of CCA has a saying that is printed at the bottom
of each page in this book, "READ EVERY LABEL EVERY TIME". That is the
first line of defense for any person with Celiac Disease. If you are
still in doubt about a product you then phone the manufacturer.

Joan Tuckey, Edmonton, AB
mailto:[log in to unmask]
http://www.edm.shaw.wave.ca/~jtuckey/celiac.html