From:
Victor Dolcourt <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Victor Dolcourt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Apr 2006 22:35:47 -0700

Listmates,

It is a little too late to make the Lemon Cake recipe for the First Passover
Seder; however, there are still 6 or 7 more days (depending upon how you
celebrate) to enjoy unleavened goodies. And for those who don't celebrate
Passover, here is a good lemon cake you can have anytime. It is naturally
fee of both gluten and leavening. Unfortunately for the egg-intolerants
among us, this one has to made with egg. Here is the URL for the recipe on
Google Base:
http://base.google.com/base/a/vdolcourt/1101971/8484848285102641089. If you
have trouble with the link, go to http://base.google.com and search for
"vdolcourt" or "Gluten-Free Lemon Cake" (drop the quote marks). Credit for
the original recipe goes to Joan K. VanLoozenoord who posted the recipe in
1995 on Usenet (does anyone remember those days?).

Don't especially like your food made with rice flour - We don't either. Try
using sorghum flour instead. We kept the rice flour in the recipe posting
because it was in the original recipe and because it is a grain which most
people can eat.

Don't like lemons - We have a fussy daughter. Ours is made with cold coffee,
spices, raisins, and nuts instead of lemon juice and lemon zest.

Enjoy!

Vic-Sunnyvale, CA