From:
Carol Guchek <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Carol Guchek <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Nov 2009 09:23:27 -0500

Does anyone have any good recipes for gluten free, casein free lasagna
and pizza? Every once in a while I break down and have a GF pizza or
lasagna that has cheese in it and my faces breaks out in a mess of red
bumps and then I'm angry at myself for doing it. The strange thing is
that the bumps can appear as quickly as the next day but then it takes
weeks and weeks for them to disappear. I really have to stay away from
the cheese and other dairy products, but especially cheese. I've tried
ordering the veggie pizza without the cheese at a local place that
serves GF pizza but I really don't enjoy it. I sometimes have this
craving for pizza and I can't come up with suitable toppings that
satisfy me. I've tried dairy free cheeses but I don't like them at all.
Maybe I just haven't found the right ones.

I've been trying to find a list of casein content in different foods to
see if there may be a cheese with a very low content that I could try
once in a while, but I can't seem to find a chart or anything that
really gives me casein content in any dairy products. Casein is in other
things beside dairy, like sherbet. So it's more of a challenge than one
would think to be CF. I have an easier time being GF than I do being CF.

I'd be happy to hear from anyone who might have some helpful
information.

Carol in NJ