From:
"McGinn, Dianne" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
McGinn, Dianne
Date:
Wed, 27 May 2009 15:06:27 -0400

I've noticed some mixed-review posts about the new GF pizza options at
Pizza Uno's.  After being pizza-free for six years, I can't tell you how
thrilled I was to be ordering pizza again at a restaurant.  The first
time, I ate it happily, but couldn't help noticing it was too light on
the sauce, which made it dry.  I sent an email to the company thanking
them profusely for offering GF pizza, and also asked them if I could
request more sauce.  They replied that I absolutely could, since they
simply open up a new (therefore uncontaminated) jar of their normal
sauce to make the GF pizza.  I've visited three more times and
discovered what works best for me is to request a side dish with sauce
from a new jar.  This way I can dip my slices in the sauce.  I will warn
you that the wait staff have been strictly trained to say they cannot
alter any GF offerings.  But when I mention the response from their
corporate office, each time they were more than willing to check with
the kitchen and have always come back with my extra sauce.  Just a bit
of work on my part to enjoy pizza out with my family!  Uno's also offers
a GF beer.  I don't drink beer at all, but one of the servers offered it
to me when I ordered the GF pizza.  Kudos to Uno's for taking care of
those with Celiac disease!  Of further note, Uno's is running a
"doughraiser" for a Celiac group now through May 31st.  To get 20% of
your check donated, you must join their email club and then print out
the fundraiser voucher.  I did this last night when I went.  Whether you
love their GF pizza or not, I think all listserv members should drop
them a thank you for joining other restaurants like Outback with a GF
menu!  Don't doubt that praise from our group goes a long way toward
future offerings.  General Mills expanded their Chex offerings, and
Betty Crocker is now bringing us great mixes.  It's a different world
than the one I entered six years ago when newly diagnosed!  Let's not
take it for granted!

Dianne in Maryland

Notice: This email may contain privileged or confidential information and is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s). If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of the contents of this information is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this electronic transmission in error, please reply immediately to the sender that you have received the message in error, and delete it. Thank you.