From:
Nancy McPherson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Aug 2001 19:24:38 +0000

Thank you to all who responded to my plea.  Here is a list of the books that
were suggested.  Not all address the vegan diet, but do include vegan
recipes.  I have not read any yet, but have a number of them on reserve
request at our public library.

Allergy Cooking With Ease by Nicolette Dumke Food Allergy Cookbook by
Marilyn Gioannini The McDougall quick and Easy Cookbook by John A.
McDougall The Vegan Sourcebook by Joanne Stepaniak A Video titled
Problems With Fish, Eggs, and Dairy Products by  Neal D.  Barnard

Other suggestions were to substitute wheat in the vegan recipes with other
grains, and to look at Thai, Chinese and East Indian cookbooks, which have
rice noodles or other gf grains as their main component.

Since I am mainly concerned about optimum nutrition, I was most encouraged
by a post which referred me to the Nutrition Director for the Physician's
Committee for Responsible Medicine in Washington D.C., Amy Joy Lanou, Ph.D.
whose email address is [log in to unmask]  I have sent for their list of
literature, which is said to be comprehensive and reasonably priced.

Thanks again. Hope this helps those who awaited the summary.  Nancy in So.
Oregon