Date:
Wed, 10 Jul 2002 10:16:35 -0400

Hello All,

I benefit from your inputs and improve my knowledge on Celiac Disease, Thank
you very much.
I am diagnosed at 51 in November 2001.  My problems were bloatong,
constipation and fatigue my endoscopy showed total villeous atrophy and EMA
test positive.  As of November I am on gluten-free diet but instead of
feeling better I started to face diarrhea problems since May (I am very
careful on my diet)  my GI made colonoscopy and reported that I had
non-specific cholitis.  My first question is; IS NON-SPECIFIC CHOLITIS
RELATED TO CELIAC?

The second part of the story;

My son who is 21 has no symptoms at all but since this is genetic I had him
tested for EMA which came out positive .  Upon this result my GI made
endoscopy with the following results;

Total Villeous Atrophy, Duodenit, Duedonal Mucosa

And during endoscopy hiatus hernia was screened

Is hiatus hernia in Stomach related with CD?

His ferritin level is   42      (min:15         max:200)
Vitamin B-12            1100    (min 220                max940)
Folic acid              3       (min 3                  max17)

I had no diarrehea problems until I started the diet.  My son has no
problems but going on gluten free diet maybe will trigger some symptoms.  I
know that this is very ignorant but is it a must for my son to start the
diet?

I will appreciate very much your replies thank you very much again