From:
Victor Dolcourt <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Victor Dolcourt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Nov 2005 16:07:24 -0800

Dear List Mates,

Tamara figured out what was happening and why people were not able to
use the URL that I provided:

"Victor - It's the "3D" that somehow inserts itself in the url that is
causing the problem.  Let people know that if "3D" is appearing after
the equal sign in the url you provided, they should delete the "3D"
but leave everything else and it works.

[Incorrect URL with extra 3D]:
http://base.google.com/base/items?oid=3D11744529277168920777

~Tamara"

So the moral of the story, if there is a moral, is somewhere in the
technology between Google (I'm working 100% in Google Gmail and Google
Base) and the St. John's  listserver, something is putting in two
extra characters. Probably the best approach for the near future is to
not rely on a specific web address (URL) when people want to post
recipes but depend on Google Base's searching feature.

In spite of the frustration that this has caused some of the list
mates, Google Base appears to be an excellent way to post recipes. In
that way, the recipes don't disappear and they don't attract all of
the strange characters we see in the postings.

Vic from Sunnyvale, CA