From:
Susan Mercier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Jan 1999 18:13:21 -0700

Very well said, Linda, and thankyou... to build on your comment .....

Being located in Canada, I am very aware of how many posts are put out to
the list without any indication of where the post originated from, as GF
Status can change for the same product from country to country.  Someone may
post that XXXX is reported as gf by the manufacturer, but unless they
indicate what location/country they are from, it is useless, as most would
rather not take the risk and make an assumption.  For example, there is a
Kraft Canada, and a Kraft USA ... but their GF lists are different
(different laws, etc.) and Velveeta is GF in Canada but NOT in the States
....  It is also important to ensure that the correct manufacturer (country
side) is contacted for the product.  This is what I struggle with.  Just a
little more care would improve posts immensly and make them useful to many
more individuals.

Thanks again,

Susan
Calgary, Canada