From:
Christie Priem <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Christie Priem <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 19 Oct 2003 19:37:58 -0700

Hey, all.  Hope you had a great weekend (too bad it's over already!)

I just bought "The Gluten-Free Kitchen" by Roben Ryberg and have been trying
the recipes out.  I had great luck with the brownies, but the Spritz cookies
and chocolate chip cookies I tried were both much, much too liquidy.  I did
everything right according to the directions and the recipes, so I'm not
sure what's going wrong.  The difference that strikes me right off is that
the Spritz and chocolate chip cookies both had xanthan gum and the brownies
didn't, so perhaps my xanthan gum is too old or something?  I really liked
the brownies (and my non-GF friends did, too), but I'm not too eager to try
more recipes until I know what I'm doing wrong.  Does anyone have any
suggestions for me?

Thanks!

Christie in Chandler, AZ

Add MSN 8 Internet Software to your current Internet access and enjoy
patented spam control and more.  Get two months FREE!
http://join.msn.com/?page=dept/byoa