From:
Fiona Carter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Feb 1998 13:46:45 +1100

Hi all,
There is a company here in Australia that produces home test kits for
gluten.  I gave them a call a while ago!  You get 8 test kits per pack and
from memory it costs around $50 (Australian).  I have a biochemistry degree
and the manager described how the system works to me (using monoclonal
antibodies) and I know from my experience it would be as accurate as you
could get.  The chemical company is the one here (in Australia) that sells
commercial testing kits to companies who want to claim there products are
"gluten free".  They have to pass the antibody test before they can make
this claim.

If anyone wants to know more about this let me know.  Maybe if lots of
people want them I can put together a big package to send to the US or other
countries (if you guys are willing to pay postage).

Fiona