From:
Gail Pierce <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 20 Jul 2006 02:20:27 -0400

I want to thank all the people who sent info for the newly diagnosed Oxford college student.
 Here are some of their responses:
 ---------------------------------
 www.sillyyakbakery.com they ship all over the U.S. (click the GLUTEN FREE Products)
 They have wonderful products and were incredibly helpful with ideas and suggestions-so,thank you!
 ---------------------------------
 Fairfield and Hamilton Ohio are about 15 miles from Oxford, and they certainly have health food stores. Cincinnati is 35 miles away, Dayton about 45-50. I live in the Dayton area and buy many things at Health Foods Unlimited on Rte. 725 just east of the Dayton Mall (intersection of 725 and I 75). They'll special order. Trader Joe's and Dorothy Lane Markets in the south Dayton area both have long lists of GF products. It would be worth a trip if things aren't available closer.
 --------------------------------
 Maggiano's in Cinncinati has GF pasta on the menu
 --------------------------------
 GNC (General Nutrition Center)
 South Locust Street, close to Krogers. Go west on High Street, the main
 drag, through the main business area, to Locust, and turn south.
 Phone: 513-524-4455
 --------------------------------
 Oxford Natural Foods
 Rt. 27, College Corner Pike, just west of town. This street is the extension of West
 Church Street, one block north of the main street through town, which is High
 Street. Phone: 513-523-9702
 In the 2006-2007 GF Restaurant Guide:

 1. Dipaolo's, 77 S. Main Str
 2. High Street Grill, 116 E. High Str
 3. Kona, 31 W. High Str
 Kroger has some GF items in their health food section. As far as restaurants, Alexander House is very accommodating. I know it is pricey but one of their waitresses has Celiac as well. She has told/taught the kitchen staff all about it. So keep that place in mind for when your parents are in town or you want to splurge. I often ate the smashed salmon salad at Kona with no problems. I would tell the waitperson that I was allergic to wheat. I am really sensitive to gluten so didn't experiment too much on the food front. Off of 27 there is an Olive Garden and an Outback Steak House, both have GF menus. Good luck, college can be a little challenging with Celiac!