From:
Danna R Feldgoise <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Dec 1996 11:58:54 -0500

To all those in the Boston area who may have picked up a Trader Joe's
gluten-free product list - be wary of all the listed products.  There
were some blatant errors such as sandwiches (containing unbleached
flour), linguine (containing durham flour), and tortellini that were on
the list that concerned/surprised me, given the months it took for TJ's
to produce the list.  Today I spoke with Margaret McDonald at Trader
Joe's (617-433-0234 x 103) who was in charge of producing the list, but
really did not know what she was looking for.  For example, when she
included the sandwiches, it was because the flour was stated as
"unbleached flour" rather than wheat flour.  I no longer trust ANYTHING
on the list given what I learned of her knowledge about the subject.  I
recommended that she remove the list since, even though she included a
clause about reading ingredients, she KNOWS that there are ERRORS.  She
said she would think about it.

Danna