Date:
Sat, 29 Nov 2003 18:26:08 -0600

Well I made the crust for Thanksgiving. I used the recipe with the oil. The crust was actually very good. Almost flaky like I remembered and tasted good. My problem was that it browned way too quickly. I kept the crust covered, but still had to pull it out about 10 minutes early to keep the crust from completely burning. It was still a little too brown. It was a pecan pie and had little lumpy jelly like texture instead of being smooth. I'm guesing it was because it did not cook long enough because it is an old recipe I have used often. Do you think I could cook it on the cook top for about 10 to fifteen minutes first? Any ideas. And yes I definitely recomend the mix for any pie! It was a jummy crust. Unfortunately it still ended up in the garbage.
Stacy