From:
"Barbara H." <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Barbara H.
Date:
Sun, 12 Jun 2011 11:44:58 -0400

I am requesting the assistance of anyone who is bilingual in English and Punjabi to translate a document for handout by the dietician.

Last Oct I requested Celiac resources in Punjabi. I received several pleas for information from those who had the same problem with Punjabi speaking populations and some ideas however nothing in Punjabi itself. I posted a summary which can be found in the Archives. Just search for Punjabi. The search link is posted automatically at the end of this message.

The major population of new diagnosis in our area are children, particularly babies, with Punjabi speaking parents. The dietician used the translator services available to her but since the translator did not understand a Celiac diagnosis, there were issues with the translation.

We have a public document 'Gluten free Eating' that the dietician gives all new celiacs patients/parents. We desperately need it translated to Punjabi. Is there anyone willing to take on this task? Your help will be really appreciated! Once translated, I can send it to anyone on the listserve that requests it as well as post it anywhere else that it can be found (eg.  www.celiac.com).