From:
"J. Rackley" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Aug 1998 00:31:49 -0700

The consensus was that no, taking two communion wafers a week was not
sufficient gluten for a gluten challenge.  You need to be eating quite a bit
more than that to ensure that the challenge is good and your blood tests are
accurate.

One person advised that, "Celiacs have no business taking communion of any
kind, period."  Another commented that there are many GF sources of
communion wafers, and suggested looking in the archives for the information.

Thanks for your help!  I probably won't try a gluten challenge until I am
done with breastfeeding my next child (due in seven weeks) since I don't
want to affect said child by consuming gluten while pregnant or
breastfeeding.  I nursed my other children about two years, so I probably
won't find out whether or not I am celiac until the next century :)  I have
been wheat-free for 10 years, and GF for the last 4.

Thanks,
Jenny Rackley
Woodinville, WA