From:
Betty Rosen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Jun 1998 16:30:25 EDT

I'm the person who asked for the information on GF peanut butter and really
appreciate all the reponses I received.  Now, I have another question for many
of you.

My internist recently suggested that I take a "food holiday" and try a single
food as a challenge to see what reaction I might have.  This has appealed to
me since I love Kellogg's Rice Krispies, always ate them prior to celiac
diagnosis, and never experienced adverse symptoms from eating them.  I have
yet to find a GF cereal that I like as well.

My question is: have any of you ever been told to challenge a food by your
doctor; to take a "food holiday?"   Have you done so?  What were your
reactions?  What are your opinions regarding following a pure GF diet vs.
eating foods which cause you no trouble but have been cited as non-GF foods.

Thanks.
Carl Rosen
Alliance, OH