From:
Bonnie Taylor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 18 Oct 1997 13:36:32 -0600

This is the first time I've sent a question out so I hope I'm doing it
right.

First of all, I believe that I'm missing something because I see
everyone's emails which are usually answering questions, however, I
don't see the questions and obviously don't know where to look. If
someone could fill me in, I'd really appreciate it.

My question is that I've only once seen reference to the fact that one
of the symptoms of CD can be weight gain rather than weight loss.  My
doctor is trying to schedule me for a biopsy within the next week or two
to confirm that I have CD and therefore I am not on a GF diet as yet.
>From the research I've done and the number of symptons I have, I have no
doubt in my mind that it will come back positive. I'm quite happy about
this as I think I can finally, after all these years, do something to
feel better.  I have gained a good 60 pounds since I've been feeling so
bad which has been several years now and I strongly feel that it is
attributed to CD.  I assume that when someone has lost a lot of weight
due to CD that they gain it back once they get onto a GF diet.  Would
the same stand true for a weight gain or am I in left field over this?