From:
Deni Hansen-Gray Weber <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Feb 2000 16:26:43 -0600

I was doing a word search for Axid as my dr has prescribed this for me, and
I saw this message that had been sent to the list regarding Axid's GF
status.

>Other responses were that Prilosec was GF and effective, as were
>over-the-counter Tagamet, and Prescription Axid, but not
>over-the-counter Axid. (Remember that my phone call to the Axid company
>elicited a response that they could not guarantee the product was GF.)

I just got off the phone from Eli Lily and was told that not only is Axid
GF but that *all* of their meds are GF, and they are going to send me a
verification statment to that effect.  The number I called was
1-800-545-5979.

I think we need to be very careful when we put information out on to the
list that it is as accurate as it can be . . . and substantiate who we
spoke with, and the number we called. I have begun to make it a practice to
always call myself even though others state they have done so.  Especially
when such contradictory information can emerge.

I think I am going to write a letter to the company thanking them for their
willingness to declare their meds gluten free.

I wish more companies were willing to do so.

deni weber
USA

As always, these are our experiences only, thus no warranty is
expressed or implied, Your mileage may vary.

peace
steve & deni weber
Valparaiso Indiana USA