Date:
Sun, 16 Nov 2008 08:37:08 EST

We have a great deal of cooks with lots of suggestions.  I  received close to
cooking all!

Yes, but I add sweet rice flour instead of cornstarch.  The sweet rice  flour
seems to keep the sauce from separating when chilled (if you put the
leftover casserole in the fridge).

Yes - I add the cornstarch to a little milk first to prevent lumps

I used to do that but found a pkg of cream cheese works better.   Heat the
soup & cream cheese in the micro until soft enought to blend, then  add mix as
usual.
I actually overcooked mine a bit & it ended up  creamy instead of dry.  Very
yummy!

A lot of people thicken Progresso soup with cornstarch. I buy the  Classico
Alfredo sauce and use it to make my green bean casserole and it  works great!

The Health Valley Organic Cream of Mushroom is gluten free. It doesn't say
that on the label but it has been verified. I believe it's made in a factory
that has gluten products. However they sterilize everything before and after.
They also have a cream of chicken soup. Both are these soups are much thicker.
I  like them sooo much better than progresso. If you can't find it at a
local store, it's easy to find online.

Happy Cooking!

What I usually do is just let it cook down to about the amount of a regular
can of condensed soup and use it like that.  Reduce it in other  words.  It
thickens some that way.

I'm afraid if you did that you would dilute the mushroom flavor too much.
Then you'd have to add more mushrooms and beef broth....might as well make the
soup from scratch. Use a cream of mushroom soup recipe, use less milk and beef
 broth...more corn starch...or potato starch.