Date:
Wed, 25 Aug 2010 07:40:29 -0700

I have a question on the rechecking for celiac w/children.
Myself & one of my 3 boys/kids have celiac, we always eat GF, except --when the other 3 kids are in school or out of the house they can eat whatever. My question is this: last year when they had the celiac panel taken it was not a cause for further testing- but could that be because 90% of their diet is GF already? I can see certain characteristics of CD in each but I can also see that it could be just skinny/small body type & other things.
My son who is diagnoised with celiac, his 1st blood test came back false negative 1 1/2 yrs prior to the endoscopy diagnoisis-- should I continue to have the others rechecked each year being they eat GF most of the time? Would it even be worth the draw of blood since eating GF alters tests?

Thanks
Darcy in Colorado

Sent from my iPhone