From:
Karen Cockrell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 10 Feb 2012 15:43:37 -0500

Continuing my summary of responses to my email regarding collagenous
colitis.

I will say that I sure have a  lot of things to check out now.   Thank you
to all for your suggestions and thoughts.

One person said she has had collagenous colitis for 20 years and takes
Asacol.  She also suggested up 5 doses of Metamucil a day.

One suggested I get a second opinion and that I ask my doctor about
Bismuth.

One said she had tried Entocort and didn't like it.  Is trying to  adjust
diet - cutting out dairy in addition to gluten.  She is using  Pepto-Bismal.
Also suggested that i check out the microscopic colitis  message board
(which I will do).

One suggesttion was to consult a homeopathic doctor or someone in
alternative medicine.

One doesn't have celiac (I think he said his wife does), but he has
collagenous colitis.  His gastro doctor suggested 6 pepto tablets a day for  3 to
6 months.

A suggestion was made to ask doctor about Asacol and Aprisio.  She  also
suggested Metamucil Clear and Natural for the diarrhea.

That covers all the replies I have received to date.  As I said, I  have
lots to think about and many things to check on.  I have not heard  from my
doctor since I left the message that I had not had the prescription for
Entocort filled.  I'm more than a little irritated with him right  now.

Thanks again to everyone.

Karen in Mesa, AZ

*******
*******