From:
Sarah Bauermeister <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 May 2001 03:07:25 -0500

Hi there

I posted about 2 months ago about nutrition for myself as I was 31 weeks
pregnant and I was worried about not putting on weight.  Anyway, on the
26th April, I gave birth to a very healthy boy, weighing 8lb 9oz.  This is
despite being celiac and unable to eat eggs, dairy, corn, nuts, dried
fruits, yeast products, rice and soya as well.  So, it just shows that a
diet based on fresh fruit, veg, meat and poultry must be good!

But, I do have very low blood pressure, 80/45, am slightly anaemic and have
a yellowish skin.  What could this be caused from?  We think it is from an
overload of protein, I eat a lot of red meat to make up for lack of other
foods.  I know I have just had a baby but this has not happened before.  I
am also quite thin, about 104lb, less than when I started the pregnancy.  I
am now trying to build up carbohydrates and lessen the proteins a bit.
Does anyone have any insight into what might be happening? I feel really
well, very healthy in fact.  I am breastfeeding my baby, so he takes a lot
from me.  If I were to take some vitamin supps, what should I take, does
anyone have any advice?  I have found the Paleolithic type diet that
someone on this list recommended to me to be very helpful but now I am
confused as to what is happening to my body. My reactions seem to be less
to nuts and soya now, which helps.

Sarah
Have a look at our family photos at
http://members5.clubphoto.com/sheyne331051/