From:
Morgaine Mehl Madrona <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 20 May 2000 21:25:58 EDT

Dear Listpersons,
   I have a problem with a gastro-interologist concerning undiagnosed celiac
disease and treatment.  I had severe symptoms of pain, spasm and weakness-I
had surgery to open bile ducts, elevated liver enzymes, diagnosed with hollow
organ dysmotility and rapid gastric emptying......  I am now 80% better
(after 7 years of suffering) after going off of wheat(gluten) and dairy. All
my tests were negative for Celiac disease.  I wanted to know if those of you
who did not test positive but still believe you have gluten intolerance to
answer the following questions so that  I may present this to this doctor.  I
know that many of you are either undiagnosed or had negative biopsies.
thank you for your help
morgaine mehl madrona
Vermont

#1-  Did you test negative for any tests? for celiac, blood tests or biopsies?

#2-  What were your symptoms when you were on gluten? How severe were they?
Did they impair your ability to work, function normally?

#3-  How would you describe your pain?

#4-What are your symptoms now that you are gluten free?  How improved where
your symptoms when you went off of gluten?

#5-Have you found that you have other allergies or intolerance's?

#6-Have you found support for "celiac" diagnosis even though your diagnosis
comes only from "symptoms" improving after going gluten free or do the
"doctors" say you do not have celiac disease because your tests were
negative/or not performed?

Thank you so much for answering these questions-I will report back on the
answers I receive