From:
renee euler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 6 Jan 2002 12:43:42 -0600

Has anyone ever taken a trip to the Boundary Waters (or something similar)
while being GF?

My father has it in his head that he is taking us this year. For those who
aren't familiar, it is typically a week-long canoe trip with fishing and
camping, completely on your own. The trips are typically arranged by an
outfitter who packs the canoes for you and provides the gear.

I am really nervous about committing to this right now. We have received a
lot of info from the outfitter that my dad's friend has recommended, but our
problem is that my boyfriend is a vegetarian and I am GF. They say that they
pack the meals, you pick your menu, but they are packaged so that everyone
eats the same thing at each meal. I don't think everyone will want to eat
vegtarian all week and even if we did, most of the vegetarian meals are not
GF!

Any recommendations out there from folks who have experienced such a thing
before? I think the main part is talking directly to the outfitter and their
meal planner and seeing what we can work out. Luckily they will be here in
the Chicgao-area in two weeks at a boat/outdoor show. We are hoping to go
and meet with them then and discuss our options before committing.

Thanks for any advice!

Renee
Naperville, IL